Saturday 26 May 2012

I have a job!

After a year of volunteering at Brent CAB and training to be an adviser, I have a full time paid job as an adviser!

It feels awesome. It's my first full time job and it has a decent salary so I feel like a real person finally :)

At the moment I'm doing lots of debt advice for our new project. Despite the cuts, our Project Manager was able to find new sources of funding so we could expand our staff team. One was this debt project Capitalise. 

It's a fast learning curve and quite tiring at the moment. Hopefully in a month though I'll have got the hang of everything.

I recently had a mini success story when I helped stop a disabled couple from being chased by their water company for a water debt. I helped them set up an affordable repayment plan and reduce their monthly bill by installing a water meter. The couple was very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment